Oct 13, 2008

Blame It on the Mercury

I never believed in the Mercury retrograde.

But a series of recent events that took place within the period of this year's second (September 24 -October 15) of three retrogrades is making me think that there's some truth to it:

Emails never reaching some recipients in spite of correct address.

The fax/printer mysteriously acting up causing delay in faxing an important document.

My brother losing the ATM card for his business account briefly making his financial transactions go haywire.

The pin for my sister's new credit card taking too long to come in the mail when it should have two weeks ago.

Of course, we also can't rule out coincidence.

Still, I'm looking forward to October 16 if just for the placebo effect.

4 comments:

ShaLon said...

good thing at least I was able to receive your emails for the past weeks or else we will be lost in contact w/ our hilarious offload. well, it is 10/14 today. let tomororw be the day celebration, who knows something great will happen on 10/16:) it's blessing in disguise :)

Girl Interrupted said...

Usher, until it's the 16th I think I'll be wearing paranoia around my neck. =]

Anonymous said...

I checked from an astrology website, it says mercury retrograde affects Libra since Sept 24, and it will last until Oct. 15. Yes it was my birthday and I am waiting for a delayed parcel for 2 weeks now. (The parcel should arrive first few days of Oct. and I haven't received it till now). You are not a Libra, how come it affects you?

Girl Interrupted said...

Laoda, Mercury rules communication so the retrograde supposedly affects anything in that area. The effect is just different for each sign.