Sep 24, 2008

The first step

to losing weight is to break my daily Starbucks habit.

Come to think of it, it's not all that hard since I'm not really big on coffee itself (except that whenever I order, I usually go for the cold, flavored ones which overflow in calories). I go here for the quiet and cozy environment to read which is a bit ironic because the place can get very noisy too, especially during busy hours.

It is part of the Starbucks culture, as a barista once told me, to allow customers to occupy their tables and chairs and not order. Nobody will come lurking around to harass or embarrass you into ordering.

So I guess I can still hang out at this favorite place without putting my girth at a risk of growing bigger. Or as my cousin suggested, there's always tea as alternative.

No comments: